Who We Are & What We Do
A non-profit organization with the mission to leverage technology to effect change within the African community and empower youth of African descent.
As part of our mission to empower African youth, we are embarking on a project to renovate an ICT lab for the bright students of GBSS Nyassoso in the North west Region of Cameroon.
The Challenge Of A Poorly Resourced ICT Lab
Presently, the school of over 400 students has only one small ICT lab without an adequate number of computers, internet access and modern curriculum.
Your support will play a tremendous role in helping us give these students better access to better learning opportunities through a modern computer lab.
Currently the students learn in an IT lab that is falling apart with many challenges such as:
* Outdated computers
* Lack of study material
* Dilapidated class room infrastructure
This makes effective teaching and learning, a herculean task.
What We Need
The total cost of renovating the ICT lab is $1,000 (Note: Figures below are estimated). The money will go towards :
We invite you to join us in making this dream a reality.
A modern ICT lab will bring about positive change in many ways:
• A modern learning space
• Improved I.T instruction and learning
• Positive progress made towards bridging technology skills gap.
• Continuous partnership with the school to develop a strong technology curriculum that can be extended to the surrounding community.
• Future tech hub for people in the community to learn and access the internet.
Risks & Challenges
Like every great effort to make the world a better place, our project is fraught with challenges such as:
• Adequate funding - We need to raise $10,000 to successfully complete the project.
Other Ways You Can Help
No gift is too small. Any way you can help will be greatly appreciated:
· Spread the word to get other people involved.
· Contribute resources to the project (computers, learning materials, etc)
· Share the campaign with your networks on FaceBook, Twitter, etc