We respect your right to privacy.
- We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us.
- We will send you e-mail relating to your transactions.
- We will keep these e-mails to a minimum.
- We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
- Businesses receive the e-mail addresses of their funders.
Technology and Security
- We may obtain IP addresses from users. We will use this information to monitor and prevent fraud, diagnose problems, and (anonymously) estimate demographic information.
- We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. Your personal information is stored behind firewalls and is only accessible by a limited number of people who are required to keep the information confidential.
- When you fund a business we use a secure server. To the extent you select the secure server method and your browser supports such functionality, all credit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Regardless of these efforts by us, no data transmission over the public Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Voluntary Disclosure
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these public venues. Campaign Managers and Funders
- If you fund a crowdfunding (Dream) campaign on the site, we will share your name, email, and street address with Campaign Managers so that they can provide you with any perks you have been promised.
- Neither we nor Campaign Managers ever receive users' credit card information.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law).